The RE-BUILT Multiplier Event held in the form of
the International Conference on Knowledge Transfer on Sustainable Rehabilitation and Risk Management in the Built Environment
– KNOW-RE-BUILT –
jointly organised by
RE-BUILT Project – Erasmus+ KA2 Programme for
Higher Education Strategic Partnership
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences in Vienna (BOKU),
Institute of Geotechnical Engineering
15th – 16th December 2021
The aim of the two-day RE-BUILT multiplier event held at University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences in Vienna is to inform the public about the outputs of the RE-BUILT Project, including a panel discussion on "Knowledge Transfer on Sustainable Rehabilitation and Risk Management in Built Environment" and to transfer knowledge in this respect bringing together academics, researchers, designer engineers, architects, urban planners, ecologists, developers and building contractors, experts on risk assessment and management, practitioners of all areas of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Architecture and other related areas, representatives of central and local administration, national heritage conservation authority, promoters in the sustainable rehabilitation and risk management of the built environment.
Experts outside the RE-BUILT network duscuss about the progress made in the knowledge triangle of education, research and business with regard to sustainable rehabilitation and risk mitigation of the built environment, proposing valid solutions to vital questions and problems raised up through the evolution of the project. In the meanwhile, specialists from different fields and backgrounds of building environment and development analyse and assess how technologies, equipments and materials, even mentality, bring evolutionist development of sustainable rehabilitation of the built environment.
Participants: academics, experts, researchers, building managers, civil designer engineers, architects, urban planners, ecologists, transport planners, facilities engineers and managers, maintenance managers, developers and building contractors, experts on risk assessment and management, practitioners, representatives of central and local administration, representatives of associations and organizations in construction and environment, representatives of associations and organizations of quality control for construction works, representatives of national heritage conservation authority, representatives from universities and research centres, promoters, students.
Areas of interest (topics) include but are not confined to:
- Hazard Risk Mitigation for a Sustainable Built Environment;
- Sustainable Infrastructure Design and Maintenance;
- Durability of Sustainable Materials and Structures;
- Sustainable Rehabilitation in Architecture and Urban Development;
- Vulnerability, Seismic Survey and HBIM-based Structural Analysis;
- Energy Efficiency. Smart Cities;
- Transformation of the Built Environment for the Rehabilitation of Socially Disadvantaged City Districts;
- Conservation, Rehabilitation and Integration of Cultural Heritage.
Microsoft Teams Link
- Deadline to submit abstracts: 10 October 2021. Decisions on paper acceptance are reached within 1 week after the abstract submission.
- Deadline to register with a paper presentation on site: 10 October 2021 (request simultaneously submitted with the abstract by email). Please confirm your presence at the conference at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline to submit full papers: 1 November 2021. Please submit the paper only if the abstract submission has been officially accepted.
Call for papers
We are pleased to invite you to submit abstracts of your research papers written in English (email only) to email@example.com – Assoc. Professor Ancuţa Rotaru PhD, RE-BUILT project director, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Building Services, TUIASI.
Abstracts/full papers should include: the title of paper, author full names, current position, affiliation, email addresses, corresponding author, and 3-5 keywords describing the subject.
Decisions are reached within 1 week.
Manuscript Preparation & Submission
The full scientific papers written in English will be submitted to KNOW-RE-BUILT International Conference via email. The email ID will be submitted to the corresponding author once the abstract submission is officially accepted. All accepted papers will be published as chapters in a Springer book. Full papers should follow rigorously the publishing standards so that Paper Guidelines attached are mandatory.
All submissions will be reviewed based on originality, significance, quality and clarity.